The Resource Philomena
- Statement of responsibility
- The Weinstein Company ; director, Stephen Frears ; writer, Steve Coogan and Jeff Pope
- "Based on the 2009 investigative book by BBC correspondent Martin Sixsmith, The Lost Child of Philomena Lee, PHILOMENA focuses on the efforts of Philomena Lee (Dench), mother to a boy conceived out of wedlock--something her Irish-Catholic community didn't have the highest opinion of--and given away for adoption in the United States. In following church doctrine, she was forced to sign a contract that wouldn't allow for any sort of inquiry into the son's whereabouts. After starting a family years later in England and, for the most part, moving on with her life, Lee meets Sixsmith (Coogan), a BBC reporter with whom she decides to discover her long-lost son."
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- PG-13; for some strong language, thematic elements and sexual references
- Language note
- Subtitled in English and Spanish; Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Judi Dench, Steve Coogan, Mare Winningham, Michaelle Fairley, Sophie Kennedy Clark, Simone Lahbib
- live action
ContextContext of Philomena
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Sparta Township Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.